Racing in Zwift is super fun, but challenging as well. Most races start with a bang, so you have to be ready. See the video at the bottom!
The good news is the hard efforts only last about a minute, but the bad news is if you miss that, you probably won’t catch that group ever again.
Here are some tips on how to make sure you are ready for the start.
- Pre-Register for the Event via the Mobile App. This way you will see a count down to your race when you start Zwifting…and you’ll be prompted to join.
- Start riding / warming up about 15 minutes pre race. Pick a flat course and if you are lucky you’ll earn a Power Up before the race start that you can carry with you.
- Join when you are prompted by the system. This helps to make sure you get close to the front of the group. Note, this “warm up” time in the pen doesn’t count/register on Strava, etc.
- Pick up the effort starting at about 10 seconds prior to the race start. Rolling start? I think you mean “rocket start!”
- Keep telling yourself you can do it. Ideally you make a group that is challenging and you can just about hang on.
What if You Get Dropped?
It happens to the best of us…look around you on the map and try to join up with another group coming up behind you!